AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filemaker publishing engine crashes randomly

Question asked by FrancescoScarpa on Nov 21, 2008
Latest reply on Jan 1, 2010 by MartinBrändle

Summary

Filemaker publishing engine crashes randomly

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involvedFilemaker server 9 advanced (v3) or FMSA 8.Operating System(s) involvedWindows 2003 web edition SP2 AND Mac OS 10.5. Java version 6.7 (no update 10)Detailed description of the issueFilemaker publishing engine simply stop respondig after few days (sometimes hours!) since last WPE restart. The service start to allocate more than 50% of CPU running on Windows and more than 99% (sometimes more than 100%) of CPU running on Mac OS.At this point the only thing we can do is to restart WPE (using console or using windows services management).The log files reports only 'Unknown errors' or something like but didn't give help at all to solve this issue.This kind of bug is reported from other useres under different OS and server, as You can read here, for example .Exact steps to reproduce the issueBuilt a web site using filemaker (XSLT) and publish it on the web, let the users browse the web site 'till it crash.Expected ResultThe web site should be available, fast or little slow, but it surely shouldn' t crash.Actual ResultWeb site crashesExact text of any error message(s) that appearedmost of log lines report an 'Unknown error'.This is what Windows event viewer reports sometimes, aproximately around crash time:"Faulting application fmswpc.exe, version 9.0.3.316, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.3959, fault address 0x0004afb2."Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issueI used the single machine configuration (1 server for all WPE modules).Any workarounds that you have Basically I tried to modify some registry key involved in TCP connections in order to limit the TIME_WAIT or persitent connections (as I read in a MS knowledge base suggested in filemaker KB), the key is 'TcpTimedWaitDelay' that I reduced from its default value.  Any help? Any idea? It seems that I'm not the only one experiencig this strange WPE behaviour..

Outcomes