Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0.2.0 (advanced)

Operating system version

Windows XP SP2

Description of the issue

Quite often we are receiving the following error on our FileMaker robots:

Application popup: FileMaker Pro Advanced: FileMaker Pro Advanced.exe - Application Error : The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000417) occurred in the application at location 0x7858c955.

This is noted on the filemaker error screen and in the event viewer.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Occurs at random

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Application popup: FileMaker Pro Advanced: FileMaker Pro Advanced.exe - Application Error : The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000417) occurred in the application at location 0x7858c955.

image002.jpg

• 1. Re: Filemaker randomly crashing
          TSGal

Shawn Beairsto:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

What is the main purpose of the robots?  That is, what are they doing?  How often are the robots accessing the files?

When this crash occurs, do you know what the robot was doing prior to the crash?  To help narrow this down further, create another table to capture date and time information and text information.  Then, in your scripts, have information written to the new table (and commit record) to hopefully capture what was being done just prior to the crash.

Since your original post, FileMaker Pro 11.0v3 has been released, so update to the latest release and report if the problem is worse, the same, or (hopefully) better.

Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Filemaker randomly crashing
            schang

I have exactly the same error message pop up in the corporate database when I try to import a file. It doesn't happen with every import but it does crash filemaker every now and then. The 11.03V does not seem to resolve the issue.

• 3. Re: Filemaker randomly crashing
              TSGal

Sabina Chang:

Thank you for your post.

Can you provide more information about the file you are trying to import?  For example, is it a FileMaker Pro file?  A CSV file?  An Excel file?  Where are these files coming from?  That is, if a CSV file, where did the file originate?

Do you have any plug-ins installed?  The next time this occurs, let me know what other applications are also running.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.