FileMaker script chokes when Select Window script step fails

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12.0v2 Advanced

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion

Description of the issue

FileMaker appears to hang (not freeze or crash) mid-script when it should not (see screenshot).  Note the "Pressed" state of my Postal Codes button.  Clicking around in the window or trying to close a window only beeps at me.  Opening the Script Debugger reveals that FM is stuck in a script, with no option to continue it (note the grayed out buttons).  Clicking the red X / Halt Script button successfully cancels the script, but the symptoms remain the same; it does not bring FM back to "ready" state.  The FileMaker Pro > Quit option is also grayed out and unavailable, presumably because FM thinks it's still executing a script.

Only force quitting the application appears to get me out of this limbo state.  Restarting and running the same exact script often times does not produce any problems.  I've had this problem happen maybe 6 or 7 times since I've started working in FileMaker 12; I've never seen this problem before version 12.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Unknown; it appears to be random.

Expected result

To have the script continue with any subsequent script steps, of course.

Actual result

The script appears to pause in an un-resumable state when the Select Window script step is called and the specified window cannot be selected.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

N/A

Configuration information

Being hosted by FileMaker Server Advanced 12.0.2.232, but I do remember this happening when the file was opened locally.  I'm just glad I have it hosted now because of the force quitting 'fix'.

Workaround

None, really.

Screen_Shot_2012-10-07_at_11.44.29_PM.png

Outcomes