1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 12, 2009 2:13 PM by TSGal

Filemaker seizes after inserting file into container

osm

Summary

Filemaker seizes after inserting file into container

Description of the issue

Often a Hard disk must spin up before a file located on it becomes available to be read by a program.  This delay can take about 1-5 seconds. BUG: When we upload a txt file to a container field in Filemaker, if Filemaker must wait for the hard disk to spin up, it seizes.   Filemaker must then be force-quit, and we must then wait 2-3 minutes for the Filemaker server to allow us back in, or else it says we are in "license conflict" with ourself. Intel Core Duo, Mac OS 10.5.7.  Filemaker Pro 9.0.3. 

• 1. Re: Filemaker seizes after inserting file into container
          TSGal

osm:

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to duplicate the problem.  This is what I have done.

I have files hosted on both a Mac and Windows servers, running FileMaker Server 10 on both platforms.

I launched FileMaker Pro 9.0v3 on Mac OS 10.5.7, accessed database files on both servers that contain tables with Container fields.  I waited a few minutes, put my cursor in a Container field and selected "Insert -> Picture".  After the drive began spinning, I was prompted for the file name and I could insert the file without any problem.

Are you using FileMaker Server 9?  10?  Previous version?

Have you tried it with FileMaker Pro 10?

Any additional information that I can try here to duplicate the issue would be helpful.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.