FileMaker Server

micromd

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Description of the issue

I installed FM Server 10 (v10.2.206) on a new Windows 7 Professional 64 computer with Intranet disabled recently. I noticed when this computer in a logoff state (i.e. after restart), the workstations could not see the FM files. When a user click File/Open Remote, one can see the Favorite Host's IP address but no file visible when one clicks that IP address. Even, when one manually inserted the file name at the bottom of the screen i.e. fmnet:/IP address/file, nothing showed up. This never happened when 32bit Windows 7 Professional or 32bit Vista Business was running the FM Server 10.

Steps to reproduce the problem

When the 64 bit Win 7 Pro was in the logoff state, other workstations could see the IP address of FM Server with no files visible.
      When the 64 bit Win 7 Pro was in the longon state (i.e. desktop opened), other workstations could see the IP address of the FM Server with files visible.
      When the Intranet service of FM Server is enabled, then all the workstations could  see IP address of FM Server and the files no matter if the 64 bit Win 7 Pro is in the logoff or lonon state.

Expected result

I expect the workstations could see IP address of the FM Server and the files on that server. Somehow the 64 bit Win 7 Pro does not show the files on the remote stations when the Win 7 Pro is in the logoff state (even the FM Server service is running)

Workaround

Intranet service must be enabled with FM server for workstations to see files on the server. Or, the desktop of the Win 7 Pro (64 bit) must be opened for files visible on workstations when the Intranet service is disabled on the FM server. ?FM server has problems with 64 bit Win 7 Pro.