FileMaker Server

hiatts

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

OSX Leopard

Description of the issue

When using External Authentication, and selecting only show DB you are permitted to access...

EA is provided via the OSX Server WorkGroups, users are added to this from OpenDirectory (not from OSX accounts on the host machine).

Under this config, when a user opens the remote FMS, they login, and they see nothing in the list, even though they have access to specific DBs.

Steps to reproduce the problem

FMS on OSX Server Leopar.
      Workgroups on OSX provide External Auth privilege group name.
      Users are added to that group via Open Directory accounts.

Open FMP, open remote, select the FMS, login after prompt, and will see an empty list.

Expected result

Should be able to view the DBs for which the user has access permissions.

Actual result

No DB listing provided, even if Full Access.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

no error message

Workaround

No work around.

• 1. Re: FileMaker Server
          TSGal

hiatts:

Thank you for your post.

Before proceeding further, I want to make sure you first read Knowledge Base Article #5508:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5508

... and the accompanying PDF files.  This covers all the basic questions I would ask first.

Are all the machines up to date in patches for the OS and FileMaker Server and the OSX Server WorkGroups?

In the FileMaker Server properties for the security tab, is FileMaker and External Server accounts selected?

In the database file, make sure there are defined account privileges that are assigned to External Server Accounts that match the group.  Check the group permissions and check the authentication order.

Keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.