1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2011 1:48 PM by GreaterThanData

Filemaker Server 11 Admin Console Not Updating Or Allowing Database Close

RyanMaslar

Summary

Filemaker Server 11 Admin Console Not Updating Or Allowing Database Close

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

Windows Server 2008 x64 Standard

Description of the issue

The Admin Console works fine for a little bit and then certain portions will stop updating like the databases lists, clients list, and schedules list.

Rebooting the server fixes the issue temporarily however the Admin Console DOES NOT allow databases to be closed when it is experiencing this issue. Because of this on restart each database file has to go through the verification and our 10GB database files takes about 30 minutes to verify. This is downtime for us.

I've noticed reports of this issue for each version that's had the admin console so I'm guessing there's no resolution? If so, please provide a workaround so I can close down the databases properly before initiating a restart or even better restart the admin console process so it works again.

Steps to reproduce the problem

We don't perform any steps. Simply put, at one point you will log in and notice that the schedule hasn't updated with it's last run times in a while and you can't enable/disable any of them. Clients also show logged on when everyone is home and out of the database. And you can't close any databases. Surprisingly, the log still works PERFECTLY when this occurs.

Expected result

Admin console database, client, and schedule lists update and receive commands continuously without sporadic failure that requires restart.

Actual result

Admin console must be restarted to make everything work again. Because database stop command can't be issued when this issue occurs, all databases are improperly closed and must go through verification on restart.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None.

Configuration information

We have Server Advanced.

Workaround

I would absolutely LOVE a workaround. I can't do a thing with the server right now or I risk corrupting our files.

1 2 Previous Next