FileMaker Server 13 Restart Issues
Operating system version
Mac OS 10.9.5
Description of the issue
When the computer is restarted, FileMaker Server 13 does not always return to a usable state.
There are several possible outcomes:
1) Web server does not start
2) Admin Console cannot be found, so you cannot start it to check whether the web server is running ( other than to try one of the functions that uses the web server to find it is not working )
3) Return to normal operation
The server is on UPS, but there are those times when the power is off long enough for those to fail, so this will happen again and it would be beneficial to all for option 3 to be the outcome.
Notifications are turned off, which solved issue 2 for the most part, but the latest episode proved me wrong, as the initial restart caused issue 1, followed by issue 2 on restart 2, a return to issue 1 on restart 3, and finally the desirable result on restart 4.
Unfortunately that is not going to be an acceptable game to have to play should the server need a restart, or come upon one unexpectedly.
Steps to reproduce the problem
Install FileMaker Server 13 on a stock Mac Mini, upgrade it to version 188.8.131.520, disable notifications.
Based on last three 'episodes' there is a 25% chance for this to happen.
If the server restarts, all FileMaker functionality will be available and running.
Based on last three 'episodes' there is a 75% chance for this to happen.
FileMaker functionality is compromised. Either the web server fails, or the admin console cannot be loaded.
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
1) All web server activity fails ( local machines rely on URL resources to be available to FileMaker so data can be imported/exported )
2) attempting to load the admin console results in the browser displaying that the URL cannot be found
Spin again until you're a winner.