FileMaker Server 13.0v1 won't install on 10.8.5

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

13.0v1

Operating system version

OS X 10.8.5

Description of the issue

Just a heads-up that we can't get FileMaker Server 13.0v1 to install properly on OS X 10.8.5. We keep trying to run the installer, but it keeps hanging with the spinning beach ball on the final step where it says "Items Remaining to be installed: 0". It hangs there for hours. No progress. We've tried this several times. Had to completely uninstall it. I suppose that FileMaker Server was really designed for Mavericks, not Mountain Lion? Not sure. We did get it successfully installed & running on a Mavericks machine instead.

• 1. Re: FileMaker Server 13.0v1 won't install on 10.8.5
          TSGal

scotty321:

Thank you for your post.

We have FileMaker Server installed on Mac OS X 10.8.5 and Mac OS X 10.9.2 machines, so the statement "FileMaker Server was really designed for Maverics" is false.

What else can you tell me about the Mountain Lion machine?  Specifically, does this (or did this) machine have any other applications that are using/used either port 80 or port 443?

Any other details you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down possible causes.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker Server 13.0v1 won't install on 10.8.5
            scottworld

Thanks, TSGal. Sorry, I shouldn't make false statements like "FileMaker Server was really designed for Mavericks". So happy that it is supposed to work on both 10.8.5 and 10.9.2!! We couldn't get it to work for the life of us. Tried several times. I do not believe that there were any other applications on that machine that were using port 80 or port 443, but sadly, I won't be able to troubleshoot further, because we erased and repurposed the machine after the installation kept failing. I'm so sorry that I won't be able to help you pinpoint the problem. But the good news is that we WERE able to get FileMaker Server 13 installed immediately & quickly on a brand new Mavericks machine… it installed perfectly the first time we tried to install it on the new Mavericks machine! :) Thank you again for all of your help! :)

• 3. Re: FileMaker Server 13.0v1 won't install on 10.8.5
              TSGal

scotty321:

No need for an apology.  I know how frustrating things can be when they don't work as expected.

I'm glad you were able to get it installed on another machine.

If you ever have difficulty installing again, especially with Server, contact our Technical Support.  Installation calls are no charge, and the Support Technician can stay with you on the phone going through a checklist to get you installed.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FileMaker Server 13.0v1 won't install on 10.8.5
                scottworld

That is great to know… I didn't know about the free installation support. Thank you!