1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 1, 2011 1:24 PM by philmodjunk

FileMaker Server 5.5 Crashes with faulting application error event id 1000

StephenThornton

Summary

FileMaker Server 5.5 Crashes with faulting application error event id 1000

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

FileMaker Server 5.5

Operating system version

Windows 2003 server r2 sp2

Description of the issue

At least once or twice per month we are getting an event id 1000 faulting application Filemaker.exe on our Filemaker database server which also disconnects everyone from filemaker with a network comunications error.

I then have to recover certain files especially the larger ones which I later transefre the data into stable clone files that I keep as a backup.

We are running 60 database files on a Windows 2003 r2 sp 2 Dell PE2850 Intel zeon 3gh 4gb ram, raid 5.This has been running fine for over five years.

I understand that people have had this issue in the past and have managed to fix it and was hoping they could let me know the secret.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Unable to reproduce.

Configuration information

Server:
      Windows 2003 r2 sp 2 Dell PE2850 Intel zeon 3gh 4gb ram, raid 5.This is a dedicated server for FileMaker, no other applications are running on it. It has been running fine for over five years.

FileMaker Server 5.5 inc updates.
      60 database files
      40mb cach

Clients
      Windows XP sp3 all updated
      FileMaker Pro 6 v 4

Workaround

As yet I have no work around, we are able to recover files and get the system back up and running.

The data from the recovered files are then transfered to backup clone files for stability.

For a few weeks the problem will go away only to return a few weeks later?

• 1. Re: FileMaker Server 5.5 Crashes with faulting application error event id 1000
          philmodjunk

You are using a very old version of server and thus are unlikely to get many responses as most users have upgraded to newer versions. I don't recall any such special fix, but I wasn't as plugged in to the Filemaker community back then as I am now.

I'd check to see if your file is damaged first. Run a recover on it and see if the recovered file works any better than the original. If you have a safe "golden master" clone of your file, you may want to import all your data into this file to be safe.

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

1. Recover does not detect all problems
          2. Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
          3. Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.

You might also run a checkdisk or other utility on your server to rule out issues with the hard drive.