1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 3, 2009 2:16 PM by TSGal

Filemaker Server 5.5.0.1 service stopped unexpectedly: fault address 0x00008972

RafRey

Summary

Filemaker Server 5.5.0.1 service stopped unexpectedly: fault address 0x00008972

Description of the issue

Hello, We are running Windows Server 2003 SP2 on a Dell PE2650 with Intel Xeon 2.4ghz and 1GB RAM. Server was newly built to server 5.5 only. This server hosts 98 databases to Win XP clients using FM6 or FM7 clients. This morning the Filemaker service stopped unexpectedly. The Event Properties Description reads: Faulting application Fmserver.exe, version 5.5.0.1, faulting module Fmserver.exe, version 5.5.0.1, fault address 0x00008972. Server was originally started on 1/26/09. Stoppage occured 2/27/09. Don't know if this is a factor? I would like to restart the services and repair the databases, but need to insure that this does not happen again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!   

• 1. Re: Filemaker Server 5.5.0.1 service stopped unexpectedly: fault address 0x00008972
          TSGal

RafRey:

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, there isn't enough information provided that points me to possible causes.  You can always search the server logs with FileMaker Server 5.5 and see if anything catches your attention.

On a side note, the file format changed from FileMaker Pro 6 to FileMaker Pro 7, so FileMaker Pro 7 clients would be unable to use files hosted on FileMaker Server 5.5.

If you need help with the server logs, let me know. 

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.