0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2009 9:14 PM by Tim-van-der-Horst

FileMaker Server Admin Console - Date format doesn't follow system locale

Tim-van-der-Horst

Summary

FileMaker Server Admin Console - Date format doesn't follow system locale

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved: FileMaker Server 10.0v2 Operating System(s) involved: Mac OS X 10.5.8 Detailed description of the issue: All dates displayed in the FileMaker Server Admin Console are in the en_US locale format (mm/dd/yyyy) instead of the system's locale format. My locale is set to Australian (dd/mm/yyyy) but this is not used by the Admin Console. Exact steps to reproduce the issue:Open the System Preferences.Open the International panel.Select the Language tab.Place "Australian English" above "English" in the Languages list (Click "Edit List..." if they are not shown in the list). Setting the language this way fixes a bug in the way Java fetches the date format, so that Java apps use "en_AU" instead of "en_US".Select the Formats tab and change the region to "Australia", although I doubt that any Java apps pay attention to this OS setting.Restart the Admin Console if it is still open.Look at the date formats on the Server Overview, Schedules, or Log Viewer pages.Expected Result: dd/mm/yyyy formatted dates, as per the system's Australian locale setting. Actual Result: mm/dd/yyyy formatted dates. Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue: I checked that the output from Java's "Locale.getDefault()" was outputting as "en_AU" instead of "en_US", which changed the date format in other Java apps, but this didn't fix the date formats in the Admin Console.