5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2009 12:58 PM by TSGal

FileMaker Server Error Log multiple issues

fabriceN

Summary

FileMaker Server Error Log multiple issues

Description of the issue

Hi, I have a schedule performing a system script. For some reason, it sometimes works, and sometimes it doesn't (no change AT ALL between the attempts).Well, this was issue #1 of courseIssue #2 : I get an error code on the log viewer as well as in the e-mail. But I find nowhere an explanation of the code (I searched the whole Help)Issue #3 : when I export the Log Viewer (console is in French), accented characters are unproperly encoded.  That's all for today :) 

• 1. Re: FileMaker Server Error Log multiple issues
          TSGal

fabriceN:

Thank you for your post.

With issue #1, I will need a little more information about the schedule, the script, etc.  Could it be that the script runs but halts because of a condition?  Is it possible to insert a timestamp into a global field each time the script is run?  That is, include as the first line in the script:

Set Field [ <global field> ; <global field> & "¶" & Get (CurrentTimeStamp) ]

This will verify the script is running or not running at specific times.

With issue #2, what error code are you getting?  The "FileMaker Pro error codes" under Help are the only listed error codes.

With Issue #3, is this FileMaker Server 9 or FileMaker Server 10?  There was a similar problem reported with Japanese characters in Server 9 that was fixed in Server 10.  A little more information would be helpful.

Thanks for reporting these issues.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker Server Error Log multiple issues
            fabriceN

Hi,

sorry, my first post was not clear enough.

There is no FileMaker script involved, only a system script (.sh), so I don't think the timestamp trick is of any help, but as this particuliar script uploads a file on a ftp server, the ftp transfer log could be helpful.

But it is as simple as this : right-clic on the schedule, select Perform now several times in a row, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. No matter how long you wait between two attempts.

The script itself is :

-------- 

#!/bin/sh

# --

curl -T '/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents/Journal.txt' 'ftp://fabrice.nordmann:mypassword@ftpperso.free.fr/Journal.txt' 

-------- 

and works 100% with the Terminal.

The error code is sometimes 692 (that's when the log says "script return status 126 <> 0" (translated from French), and sometimes 154 (when the log says "not found or invalid") 

HTH 

• 3. Re: FileMaker Server Error Log multiple issues
              TSGal

fabriceN:

I don't know why the shell script doesn't run.  Can you tell me how often the Server schedule is set to run?

Which log are you viewing?  Event Log?  Crash Log?  System Log?  Whenever I submit a problem, I usually get a reply asking me what are the exact steps the user is taking.  So, if you could be very specific, I would appreciate it.

Is this FileMaker Server 9 or FileMaker Server 10?

I will ask the Server team for these error codes.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: FileMaker Server Error Log multiple issues
                fabriceN

Hello,

the schedule is not active, I'm performing it manually (I would love to automate it, but I'd like to be sure that it's going to work)

I'm looking at the Event Log.

FMS is 10, running on a G4-Leopard.

HTH, 

• 5. Re: FileMaker Server Error Log multiple issues
                  TSGal

fabriceN:

I will need to see your Event log.  I have sent you a private message in response to another issue, so use the information there to send the Event log.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.