3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2012 7:24 AM by philmodjunk

FileMaker Server ignores 'Set Error Capture [On]' Script Step.

bjarra

Summary

FileMaker Server ignores 'Set Error Capture [On]' Script Step.

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

Windows 2008 x64

Description of the issue

When executing a script on FileMaker Server 12, that performs a find with no match, FileMaker Server return Error 401, even with Set Error Capture on.

This is not the Case in FileMaker Server 11

Steps to reproduce the problem

Create a Script that Performs a Find with no match:

Go to Layout [Layoutname]
      Set Error Capture [On]
      Perform Find [Restore]

Create a Schedule on FileMaker Server that executes this script.

Expected result

Script will run, and mark the Schedule in FMS Admin console as 'OK'

Actual result

Script will run, and mark the Schedule in FMS Admin console as 'FileMaker script error'

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Error 401

Workaround

Non

• 1. Re: FileMaker Server ignores 'Set Error Capture [On]' Script Step.
          philmodjunk

I don't think Set Error Capture has anything to do with this issue. It suppresses the error dialog that would otherwise pop up, but the error code returned does not change.

There has been, I think, a behavior change in the server admin console in how this gets reproted after the schedule has been run.

• 2. Re: FileMaker Server ignores 'Set Error Capture [On]' Script Step.
            bjarra

The fact is that 'Set Error Capture [On/Off]'... in FileMaker Server 11 controls Whether the 'Status' column in FMS admin > Schedules pane is marked as 'OK' or As 'FileMaker script error'

If You in FMS11 Execute a ‘Perform Find’ with no match - and 'Set Error Capture [On]' the 'Status' Column is marked 'OK' (the log however indicates that Error 401 have occurred).

If You in FMS11 Execute a ‘Perform Find’ with no match - and 'Set Error Capture [Off]' the 'Status' Column is marked 'FileMaker script error' (the log of course also indicates that Error 401 has occurred).

The problem here is that, in FMS12, the 'Status' column in both scenarios is marked as 'FileMaker script error'. This is a problem because it indicates that there is a problem in your script you have to deal with. In this case this it not so. It’s quite normal that the Perform find will result in 0 found records.

• 3. Re: FileMaker Server ignores 'Set Error Capture [On]' Script Step.
              philmodjunk

I agree that it's a problem and a bug. Seems like this was also reported for server 11 (I still use 10), but maybe a bug fix update corrected the issue in server 11.