Summary

FILEMAKER SERVER LOOSES DATA!!!

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

OSX 10.7.2

Description of the issue

New Record (from a Pro Client, Server on MiniMac with OSX 10.7. Server), switch to a browser, go back to FM, all records lost.
      This happens only on one installation, we have about 20 installations and this problems only shows up in one case.

see it here:

http://www.nibiru-systems.ch/download/movies/

Steps to reproduce the problem

see it here:

http://www.nibiru-systems.ch/download/movies/

Workaround

None

• 1. Re: FILEMAKER SERVER LOOSES DATA!!!
          hschlossberg

FileMaker does not lose data.  And I doubt that going to a browser and coming back has anything to do with it either. 

But it is difficult to tell what is going on without seeing (a) the status bar that shows how many records there are and what the found count is, and (b) without seeing the script that runs when clicking on the Articoli button, and (c) without knowing what the 6/6/6 and 7/7/7 numbers are supposed to represent. 

In all likelihood, there is just something in that Articoli script that is either deleting records or just resetting the found set.

• 2. Re: FILEMAKER SERVER LOOSES DATA!!!
            Markus Schneider

You got 20 identical, working installations with the very same DB on the very same server? The movie doesn't help much to understand. As howards said: Are there scripts? Check out what happens using the debugger. An other question: How much RAM did You assign to that computer in FileMaker? Different to the other, working-in-order installations?

m.

• 3. Re: FILEMAKER SERVER LOOSES DATA!!!
              PhilipHubert1357

Solved!

Thank you for pointing me to investigate the scripts.This was pretty hard to find but your comments helped me a lot. I could not believe a script was doing this but here's the reason:

I have to file an unwanted behaviour of a timed script in any case.

In this solution i have a timed script that kicks in every 10 minutes, it does some license check on a USB stick, i need to create records in a special table, and DELETE ALL RECORDS created afterwards.

The problem is that the GO TO FORM command is currently unavailable in that timed script because of the error alert. Before deleting all records i move to the correct form, but the statement seem to fail because i have an alert open in foreground.

Does this sound possible? Does a timed script kick in even if i have an alert open? i think it should'n't.

Thank you 

Best Regards

Phil

• 4. Re: FILEMAKER SERVER LOOSES DATA!!!
                philmodjunk

You can disable a timer by using Install OnTimer with no parameters.

Thus, you can disable the timer, display your alert, and when the alert is dismissed, you can use another Install OnTimer to reset the timer.