3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2008 7:08 AM by oakhamschool

    FileMaker Server Schedules not running properly

    oakhamschool

      Summary

      FileMaker Server Schedules not running properly

      Description of the issue

      Hello, We've had a script that is scheduled to run everyday on FileMaker Server for the last 6 months. The script written is webcompatible so it should work. In the FileMaker console, it gives you status of when it last ran, and whether it was OK. It came to my attention that some records were not OK, so I checked the server for error logs (something which I need to ask my IS dept to di), and boy did I find some errors. Why does FMSA not indicate that there were errors running the script....it would help us to keep the integrity of our data. Thanks Jalz   

        • 1. Re: FileMaker Server Schedules not running properly
          oakhamschool
            

          The problem seems to be with the find script.

           

          scripting error (101) at "Middle School RoAs_ : Update info from GI: Set Field".
          scripting error (400) at "Middle School RoAs_ : Update info from GI: Perform Find".

           

          script wise I've got the following:

           

          Setfield[GIpup::Year,3] - which is giving the error 100.

          Perform Find[] which is giving Error 400,

           

          When doing the search I am in the right context. The scripts work fine in a regular fmp client.

           

          Thanks

          Jalz

           

          • 2. Re: FileMaker Server Schedules not running properly
            TSGal

            Jalz:

             

            Thank you for your post.

             

            A listing of error messages can be found in the help file.  Search for "error codes", and look at the article "FileMaker Pro error codes".

             

            Error 101 - Record is missing

             

            Therefore, your script gave the error 101 because you were trying to set a field where no record existed.  You may want to make sure a record is found prior to this script step.  That is:

             

            If [Get (FoundCount) > 0]

               Set Field.....

            End If

             

            Error 400 - Find criteria are empty

             

            This means there was no criteria in the Find.  If you were referencing a field or variable, make sure it isn't null before setting the field.

             

            TSGal

            FileMaker, Inc. 

             

             

            • 3. Re: FileMaker Server Schedules not running properly
              oakhamschool
                

              Well we think we have found the problem. We have two FileMaker servers, Server 1 (hosting 115 files) and Server 2 (hosting about 60 files).

               

              The problem seems to be on Server 2, when doing a find through a relationship to data which is stored on Server 1 (On a TO). I dont think it can perform the find in the schedule (i've tried running the script manually which works fine).

               

              We have a similar script in another file hosted on server 1. This seems to execute correctly under an fm9 schedule.