3 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2010 2:11 PM by Karey

FileMaker suddenly does not believe in afternoons - or evenings!

Karey

Summary

FileMaker suddenly does not believe in afternoons - or evenings!

Description of the issue

Product:  FileMaker Pro 8.5v1Operating system:  Mac OS 10.5.8 Issue:  I have a file with a number of timestamp & time fields, containing over 5,000 records imported a few months ago, all of which correctly display time as 24-hr.  Recent entries (>1400) not only convert incoming 24-hr formatted data to 12-hour but also refuse to acknowledge PM; exported data is perceived by Excel as AM only. Steps to reproduce issue:  issue is consistent Steps to circumvent the issue:  experimented withchanging system formats,changing the file's format preference from file to system,changing the formats of the Excel file from which it imports,creating & using a clone,compressing the file and creating a clone of the compressed file,recovering the file and using a clone of the recovered file,leaving fields unformatted- under any of these combinations importing yields a 12-hr time format with no PMs. I went back to the originals from which, a few months ago, I successfully imported the data which retains the 24-hour format.  The identical data now imports as 12-hour, all AM.  Hand-entering and copy-pasting successfully retain the 24-hour format in the entered field only, as another field formatted as a calc field which subtracts 7 hours fails: 21:00 in the original field yields 02:00 in the calc field (subtracts 7 hours and converts the 14:00 PM to 02:00 AM). I used a loop script adding 11 hours to one field and pasting into another, formatted both fields as 12 hour AM/PM.  Entered into the first field are hours ranging from 1 to 11 AM and 12 PM.  The results:1 AM gives 12 PM and 12 PM gives 11 AM (adding correctly 11 hours), 2 to 11 AM give 1 to 10 AM (adding 7 hrs and converting to AM). Clearly something about the file or formats or OS has changed since I entered the original data, and I want it back the way it was.  Hopefully you can help me determine how to get there.  In the meantime I'm going to see what I can do in Excel (UGH!!!)