3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2010 2:39 PM by philmodjunk

Filemaker want's to be the only program running

Junkman

Summary

Filemaker want's to be the only program running

Description of the issue

One of my clients has FileMaker on his computer, and he has reported the following issue, which I have looked at and not found a solution for yet. I'm planning on doing a site visit tomorrow, so if there is any helpful ideas I would like to hear them FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro 10.0v1 & FileMaker Pro 10.0v3Operating System(s) involved:Windows XPDetailed description of the issue:If there are no other programs running on the system FileMaker will open and do as it should, but if there are other programs running, for example Outlook, then when ever the client trys to run FileMaker nothing happens, and by nothing I mean nothing, no splash screen, no error messages, nothing. If the client has FileMaker open, and the client trys to open something else .. nothing happens. Sometimes, usually after the client has had to "Crash" the computer for something, when the client have re started the computer and even with nothing else running the client has to double-click on my Shortcut for FileMaker a few times before FileMaker will open. Any workarounds that you have found:None found. Things already attempted:(*)  updated from 10.0v1 to 10.0v3(*)  Run the repair under Add/Remove Programs in control panel. Things I am thinking of doing:(*)  Remove FileMaker and re-install it. Other notes that might help:When FileMaker is running, we looked at the About window, and it says that there is 2Gbytes of Physical RAM, (24% Used)We looked at the running processes, and checked the CPU Usage, both were minimal.  Any help would be nice :)