FileMaker won't connect clients, can't enable SSL

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

Mac OS X Server 10.7.5

Description of the issue

Hi,

No clients will connect to the database. According to some reports it's because I have a missing certificate.

Whenever I enable SSL on the database server, the database server won't restart. I literally have to reinstall the server in order to get it back to work (as you can't modify the server settings while the server isn't started).

So in order for SSL to work correctly you apparently have to have a certificate in CStore (/Library/FileMaker Server/CStore) which directory is currently empty. Attempting to generate an SSL certificate using fmsadmin (fmsadmin CERTIFICATE CREATE hostname.domainname.tld) comes up with:

fmsadmin: Failed to generate the new certificate request file [/Library/FileMaker Server/CStore/serverRequest.pem].
Error: -1

It's FM Pro Server (Std) 12 on Mac OS X Server 10.7.5 on an XServe (8-core, 24GB RAM).

Steps to reproduce the problem

Install FM Server 12
Clients won't connect
Admin site will work
SSL enable will crash the database server

Expected result

For it to work

Actual result

It doesn't work

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

fmsadmin: Failed to generate the new certificate request file [/Library/FileMaker Server/CStore/serverRequest.pem].
Error: -1

Configuration information

It's FM Pro Server (Std) 12 on Mac OS X Server 10.7.5 on an XServe (8-core, 24GB RAM).

Workaround

None

Outcomes