AnsweredAssumed Answered

Find mode bug?

Question asked by robyne on Apr 29, 2009
Latest reply on May 1, 2009 by robyne

Summary

Find mode bug?

Description of the issue

Am using FM10 with Os10.4.11 I've noticed that when I run a script to do a find & sort into a list report the following happens:  You get to the list but the little bar on the status bar that notes Layout...  view as.... preview buttong [in browse mode]  includes part of the find mode options... Matching records [include/omit]  Insert:  Operators. and I loose the Preview button. I've added "enter browse mode" to the script but this does not change anything.  Is this a new feature or a bug or some kind of glitch in my script?  I've never noticed this in prior versions of Filemaker.  How do I send you a screen shot? Here is a sample script: Go to Layout [ “Report Data Dialog” (SR•real_ID) ]Perform Script [ “Create_service_window” ]Show/Hide Status Area[ Hide ]Perform Script [ “date range find” ]                  Set Error Capture [ On ]                  Enter Find Mode [ ]                 [ Pause ]                 New Record/Request                 Insert Text [ SR•real_ID::Appointment?; “meeting” ]                [ Select ]               Omit Record                 Perform Find [ ]                If [ Get ( LastError )  0 ]                 Show Custom Dialog [ Message: "There are no services for date entered. Please try again."; Buttons: “OK” ]               Move/Resize Window [ Current Window; Height: 1070; Width: 1200; Top: 25; Left: 25 ]               Go to Layout [ “SR Menu” (SR•real_ID) ]                 Halt Script                 End IfEnter Browse ModeSort Records [ Specified Sort Order: SR•real_ID::Service Date; ascending ][ Restore; No dialog ]Go to Record/Request/Page[ First ]Go to Layout [ “revenue by day” (SR•real_ID) ]Move/Resize Window [ Current Window; Height: 925; Width: 1120; Top: 5; Left: 5 ]Show/Hide Status Area[ Show ]Scroll Window[ End ]Pause/Resume Script [ Indefinitely ]Go to Layout [ “SR Menu” (SR•real_ID) ]Enter Browse ModeApril

Outcomes