1 Reply Latest reply on May 27, 2010 10:05 AM by TSGal

Find Request removal incorrectly displays

LaRetta_1

Summary

Find Request removal incorrectly displays

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FMPA 11 Operating System(s) involved:Windows XP Professional  2002 SP2 Detail description of the issue:Removing an entry while in Edit Find Request displays the incorrect remaining lines.  Once you say OK and exit back to Specify Find Requests, it correctly displays what was removed. Exact steps to reproduce the issue:Create file with three text fields (Text1, Text2 and Text3)Create script step which has find request (Enter Find Mode, Perform Find, Constrain or Extend).Specify find requestSelect text1 and specify criteria aaa and add itSelect text2 and specify criteria bbb and add itSelect text3 and specify criteria ccc and add it Now select the first line (text1 aaa) and then click Remove.What remains displayed is aaa and bbbSlide the Edit Find Request down and you’ll see that it correctly displays bbb and ccc in the Specify Find Request dialog.  And once you say OK to the Edit Find Request, it indeed properly deleted aaa. It breaks not only on removing the first entry.  If you remove bbb then it displays aaa and bbb.  However, if you remove the last entry (ccc) it works properly and displays aaa and bbb. Expected Result:When you remove an entry it should display the correct remaining entries Actual Result:Displays wrong results Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:None Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:This is not broken in vs. 9 or 10.  And it breaks no matter whether using Enter Find Mode, Perform Find, Constrain or Extend. Any workarounds that you have found:Relax and keep going; it is display break only.

• 1. Re: Find Request removal incorrectly displays
          TSGal

LaRetta:

Thank you for your post.

I am able to replicate the problem on Windows XP SP3.  This does not occur with Mac OS X 10.5.8 or Mac OS X 10.6.3.  Therefore, this appears to be only a Windows issue.

I have forwarded your post along with my findings to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation.  When more information becomes available for you, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.