Thank you for the post.
I created a new database with with one field and five names as the values. I wrote the following script:
Set Variable [ $name ; "John Smith" ]
Perform Find [Restore]
The find request was specified for the 1 field and the criteria was $name.
I ran the script 30 times:
1. Ten times in table view. Twice from each record.
2. Ten times in list view. Twice from each record.
3. Ten times in form view. Twice from each record.
The find was successful 30/30 times. I was using FileMaker Pro 12.0v3 on Mac OS X 10.7.4.
Perhaps I am missing a step to replicate?
Strange find results can be due to a damaged index. You might try rebuilding the indexes in your field to see if that corrects the problem.
To rebuild the index of a single field:
- Open Manage | Database | Fields and double click the field
- Use either the storage tab or the storage options button to turn off indexing.
- Exit Manage | Database, then return and turn indexing back on.
You can also rebuild all your file's indexes by importing all the data into an empty copy (clone) of your file.
If you have FileMaker 11 or newer, you can use Advanced Recovery options to rebuild your file's indexes:
- With the file closed, select Recover from the File Menu.
- Select "Use advanced Options"
- Select only: "Copy File Blocks as-is" and "Rebuild Field Indexes Now".