AnsweredAssumed Answered

Find returning no records when DB is shared under FileMaker Server 10

Question asked by CS8 on Dec 23, 2009
Latest reply on Feb 23, 2010 by CS8

Summary

Find returning no records when DB is shared under FileMaker Server 10

Description of the issue

Hello, This issue has arised around 2 months ago when a script performing a find request on a calculated field suddenly stopped working. This script has been running fine for 2 years on the same file and hasn't been touched since. The only workaround I found was to reboot the server (Mac Pro with OS X 10.5). Then the find would work for 20 days or so but then would again stop working. It's a very simple find with a ">0" criterion on a calculated field. Even perfoming the find manually does not yield any results. I rebuilt the file with the recovery tool and uploaded it again but that wouldn't help. Only way to make it work again is to reboot the server. In some instances if I first run "Show all records" and then perfomed the find request, it would work but I haven't been able to reproduce it on a regular basis. So far I have been rebooting the server 3 times in 2 months but the machine has a record of 8 month uptime (dedicated only to serving FileMaker to 10 users) without need of being rebooted and I would like this to keep going. The exact same file and script opened locally runs without problems. The setup is FileMaker Server 10.0.1 and a network of FileMaker Pro 10 Clients running in mixed environment Mac / Windows . The issue can be seen on both type of client platforms. Any thoughts? This is getting quite frustrating. Regards CS8

Outcomes