Summary

Find with user input values

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Win7

Description of the issue

I am just confused by one find method which I am waiting and searching for long time

Let me tell you one criteria.

There are 10000 of records with Id and name and client code client name in this some records are new of this year and some of past 10 years back.

1)
      Now  I want to find  some records in this full database of records based on input value  that is
      Like I want to give  two options  like Id and Client code based on that search query must go on and result must show based on this user input value

2) The above  is for 1 user if there is more than one user  like range of user from 1-10 and client code is same  ( both option is like on user input value)
      Then the result must be on user given input value

Please can you help me and give me any script example for this I will manage to put it in my own database using this method.

• 1. Re: Find with user input values
          philmodjunk

You have posted your question in a section of the forum intended for reporting possible bugs to the software. Had you posted to the FM Pro Forum section, (See tab at top of screen), your question would have been read by more people and have gotten a much quicker response.

Here's a simple example of a scripted find using criteria input by the user for one field: ClientName.

Define a field with global storage enabled for the user to use for entering name criteria. We'll call it gClientName.

after entering criteria, your script might look like this:

Enter Find Mode [] //clear the pause check box
          Set Field [YourTable::ClientName ; YourTable::gClientName ] //gClientName must have global storage or this step will fail
          Set Error Capture [on] //keep "not found" dialog from interrupting script if no records are found
          Perform Find[]

This is the basic idea, you can add additional fields for searches with more criteria and the set field steps can also include operators or combine values from more than one field such as: gStartValue & "..." & gEndValue to search on a range of values.