CaitlinMcKelvie

Summary

Find/ Quick Find Not Working on a field that is also a button

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12.0v5

Description of the issue

I currently have a layout and scripts set up very similarly to the PersonPicker from the Meeting sample database that is given with FIleMaker Pro 12. On my PersonPicker layout, I am trying to select people to add to a class they have attended. Everything with my layout and scripts works fine. I can select a person on the picker and it adds them to the class appropriately. There is a field on the layout that shows a members First Name Last Name City and State. This field serves as a button that gets selected and then adds the person to the class. However, the problem is that once I import all of our members into the database, we will have over 12,000 members. This makes it very difficult to add members to the class just by scrolling through. When I have tried using quick find (the layout has a field with a script that should do a quick find on it and I have also tried using the regular quick find field), or when I have tried to perform a find, it says that there are no results, when there should be.

My other question is that my PersonPicker pops up in a new window. This new window doesn't allow for a find or a quick find, even though I don't have them disabled. Why is this? The first part of this won't matter if I can't do a find on the layout when it opens up into a new window.

Screen_shot_2013-10-30_at_2.24.17_PM.png

• 1. Re: Find/ Quick Find Not Working on a field that is also a button
          philmodjunk

This does not seem to be a FileMaker bug. Report An Issue is intended for Reporting Possible Software bugs. Questions on how to work with FileMaker Pro should be posted in the FM Pro Forum Section. (See tab at top of this screen.)

There are a number of possible reasons for the results that you are getting. A detailed look at the design of your database, the layout and exactly how you are specifying criteria would be needed to run down all the possible issues. A listing of the scripts involved may also be necessary.

To post a script to the forum:

1.           You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post A Answer.
          3.           You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here. (with this approach, you can get multiple script steps on the same line, please edit the pasted text by inserting some returns to separate those steps.)
          5.           If You have FileMaker Advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
          7.           If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format.