Summary

Finding all Filemaker Pro DBs on a Mac

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac OS 10.6.8

Description of the issue

I've been running FP6 on my Mac OS 10.6.8. I know I shouldn't ;-) but while it's a bit rough it has been functional. I've finally taken the plunge and bought FP12 and now need to convert my old files with FP11 and then again with FP12.

The problem I have is finding them. Some have the extension FP5 and I've found & successfully converted those. (We could do with better flagging of password issues but I've sorted that now).

There are still many (perhaps 50 - 100) old Filemaker files scattered around my drives that do not have anything helpful in the filename. In the old Mac days there was a CREATOR code that I could have used to search for these files but I see nothing in the Mac search  options that will help me pull up these old Filemaker DBs. Does anyone know of a way that I can find these legacy files so that I can convert them?

If there is a quicker way than converting them one by one to FP11 and then reconverting them to FP12 then that would be a bonus!

Aas I need to use the trial version of FP11 in the process I only have 28 days left to do it. Any that I miss will be permanently stuck I think so I need to do a thorough job!