4 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2009 10:30 AM by ms_elma

FM 10 import via ESS timestamp

ms_elma

Summary

FM 10 import via ESS timestamp

Description of the issue

Similar to this post http://www.fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/201692/  when we import timestamp field via ESS the timestamp only displays 12:00AM, we've tried importing from a flat file and the time imports correctly.  It works in FM 9 but when we upgraded to 10 time doesn't import properly.

• 1. Re: FM 10 import via ESS timestamp
          TSGal

ms_elma:

Thank you for your post.

This problem was reported to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments back on March 3rd, the day the post appeared on fmforums.com.  The notes to this case appear this is limited to Oracle 10g.  Can you confirm?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: FM 10 import via ESS timestamp
            ms_elma
               The problem is with Filemaker 10.  We are still on Oracle 9i. 
            • 3. Re: FM 10 import via ESS timestamp
              LaRetta_1

The thing is ... for us, we finally figured out that it was breaking when using 9i and 10g with FM 9.  We were NOT getting the time portion of the timestamp but FileMaker was filling in 12:00 AM.  But we didn't realize it wasn't working, ie, we thought the Oracle database was sending us a true timestamp.

So when we moved to vs. 10, we no longer got ANY timestamp (which we thought was why it was breaking) when in fact, it was FINALLY PROPERLY giving us exactly what was sent from Oracle.  I discovered this on my own ... FM engineers could not find a problem in vs. 10.  They did not put together than the BREAK was in the prior configuration.

ess (to oracle) date / timestamp field

This might add more depth to the issue.

• 4. Re: FM 10 import via ESS timestamp
                ms_elma

The timestamp using Filemaker 9 worked for us using Oracle 9i.  Perhaps Filemaker 10 did not incorporate all the fixes the were included in Filemaker 9?