4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2009 8:38 AM by robyne

FM 10 List view

robyne

Summary

FM 10 List view

Description of the issue

Periodically, in list view, information will repeat itself or "disappear" on the screen.  This can be elminated by scrolling down but it is disconcerting.

• 1. Re: FM 10 List view
          TSGal

robyne:

Thank you for your post.

Can you tell me what you are doing to make this happen?  Is this on a Mac or Windows machine?  Which operating system and version?  Anything you can do to help me duplicate the error would be helpful.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: FM 10 List view
            robyne
               I am using FM10, Mac OS 10.4.11  As for the specifics, what essentially happens is that I run a script that finds and sorts a set of data by date and time.  From this "log" of information, a manager will enter more data specific to each client in the list.  One field in particular is a pop list and when selecting an item from this list the item duplicates itself above the field [there is nothing really there]... kind of like a shadow.  At the same time, some other data in the record being modified will "disappear" - like the fields don't exist.  If you scrolll down far enough that the record is not longer in view and then back up, the problem corrects itself. 
            • 3. Re: FM 10 List view
              TSGal

robyne:

Thank you for the additional information.  It definitely sounds like a screen refresh issue.  Just from the brief description, I opened one of my test files that has thousands of records and dome pop-up fields and drop-down fields.  Finding and sorting and changing information does not cause problems on my Mac OS X 10.5.6 machine.  I will try this on an OS 10.4.11 when I have more time.

If you can find a way to duplicate the problem on a consistent basis, I would like to see the file.  I have sent you a private message (top of this screen - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: FM 10 List view
                robyne
                   Thanks.  I will have to wait to do this after hours since this is a live database.