2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2010 3:09 PM by Steve Wright

FM 11 "print setup dialog has disappeared"

applebury

Summary

FM 11 "print setup dialog has disappeared"

Description of the issue

I just upgraded to FM 11 and now the print setup dialog has disappeared, (i.e. clicking on print setup does nothing)...if you create a script to show the print setup...running that script produces an error message ="print setup has been cancelled"?? I need this to direct my layouts to different printers and formats. It works fine in ver 10 on the same machine.  I am using a PC w/ Window 7.

• 1. Re: FM 11 "print setup dialog has disappeared"
          TSGal

Alan Applebury:

Thank you for your post.

Although I don't have immediate access to a Windows 7 machine, I have taken a few files that I created in FileMaker Pro 10.0v3 with Print Setup script steps, moved them over to FileMaker Pro 11, and they all work correctly.  I know that doesn't help you, but I wanted to try this out first because FileMaker Pro 11 is less than a week old and I wanted to make sure there wasn't an inherent problem.

Let's assume that script step is damaged.  Remove the Print Setup step and insert a new Print Setup step.  Run the script again and see if it works.  If not, create a new script with just the Print Setup script step and run that script.  Does that work?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FM 11 "print setup dialog has disappeared"
            Steve Wright

Hi Alan

I have not been able to reproduce this on either Mac OSX or on Windows 7 myself, I have tried it within 3 different solutions.

I heavily rely on windows and these steps, it was one of the first things I ensured was working ok after upgrading.

Also it may be worth creating a brand new script & script steps, rather than replacing the steps in the same script, just incase something is wrong / corrupt with the entire script, at least this is where I would start.