FM 11.0v3 formats email differently than FM 8.5

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0v3

Operating system version

OSX 10.6.7

Description of the issue

I just upgraded from FM 8.5 to FM 11. I have a script that emails a renewal notice to expired members. in 8.5, the .pdf file was first in the email, then my short text block. in FM 11 the .pdf file is between lines of text.

v8.5:

Your renewal letter is attached.

Jerry

Membership Committee

v11:

Your renewal letter is attached.

Jerry

Membership Committee

The script step is:

Send Mail [ Send via E-mail Client; To: Database::email; Subject: "Membership Renewal"; Message: "¶Attached is your membership renewal invoice.¶¶¶Jerry¶Membership Committee¶"; Attachment: “file:../../../Desktop/Renewal.pdf” ]

I don't really care if the .pdf letter is first or last, but I don't want it in the middle. Any ideas why the format changed, and how do I fix it?

Using Mail 4.5

Thanks,

...JER

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

N/A

Configuration information

N/A

Workaround

none yet

• 1. Re: FM 11.0v3 formats email differently than FM 8.5
          TSGal

_JER:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the problem using an iMac running Mac OS X 10.6.7 with FileMaker Pro 11.0v3 and Mail 4.5 (1084).  I have set up a script almost exactly like your Send Mail script step, and the attachment is always placed at the bottom.  My script step says:

Send Mail [ Send via E-mail Client; To: Test::Email; Subject: "Membership Renewal"; Message: "¶Attached is your membership renewal invoice.¶¶¶Jerry¶Membership Committee¶";  “<filename>.pdf” ]

Assuming this may be a problem with converting from FileMaker Pro 8.5 to FileMaker Pro 11, create a new script step (do not duplicate) with the information and remove/disable the old script step.  Then, try the script again.

Please keep me posted with any progress.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FM 11.0v3 formats email differently than FM 8.5
            ...JER

It was a conversion issue, because creating a new script step solved the problem. Interesting though, in 8.5 the renewal.pdf file was first in the email, and with 11.0 v3 it is last.

...JER

• 3. Re: FM 11.0v3 formats email differently than FM 8.5
              TSGal

_JER:

Thanks for clarifying.  This will help others who may run into the same problem.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.