Summary

FM 14: Script Debugger

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

OS X 10.10.3

Description of the issue

When Script Debugger is open on the screen, and then you start running a script (perhaps by clicking on a button in your database), the Script Debugger is SUPPOSED to take focus (i.e. become the active window). This has happened in all previous versions of FileMaker, going back to FileMaker version 7.

However, in FileMaker 14, when you start running a script, Script Debugger DOES NOT take focus (i.e. it does NOT become the active window). This creates an extra step for developers that we never needed to take before.

We ONLY open up the Script Debugger BECAUSE we want to use the Script Debugger. Therefore, when we start running a script, the Script Debugger window should always take focus, just like it always has in all previous versions of FileMaker Pro Advanced.

• 1. Re: FM 14: Script Debugger

scotty321:

Thank you for the post.

I am able to replicate the Script Debugger window not having focus; however, I cannot replicate this:

“This creates an extra step for developers that we never needed to take before.”

The window is modal and always in front of all other FileMaker windows, and no extra action is required before debugging a script. Even if Script Debugger is NOT focused, clicking on the button in the debugger’s toolbar will directly trigger the button action, and set focus to the debugger.

Is there an additional action I am missing?

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FM 14: Script Debugger
            hschlossberg

Not being able to use the F6 key right away to step through a script.  Instead, we must take out mouse to give the debugger window focus.  I've also found (separate but somewhat related issue) for each of the past couple days that "some" action is completely disabling the F6 and other debugger keyboard shortcuts so that a restart of 14 is the only way to restore its use.

• 3. Re: FM 14: Script Debugger
              scottworld

Thanks, TSFalcon. I see what you're saying, but as Howard said above, until the debugger window takes focus, we can't use any keyboard shortcuts.

• 4. Re: FM 14: Script Debugger

scotty321 & howards:

Thank you for the replies.

I am not able to replicate. Even when the Script Debugger does not have focus, pressing F6 on my keyboard proceeds to the next step. I tested both Mac OS X 10.9.5 and Mac OS X 10.10.3.

Please let me know if I am missing a step to replicate. 

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.