1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 27, 2010 3:31 PM by TSGal

FM 9

jonack70

Summary

FM 9 & 10 crash when adding an external source table using Mac 10.6.2 & Actual Tech. Driver

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved: Pro 9, Adavanced 9, Pro 10, Advanced 10 Operating System(s) involved: Mac OS 6.2.2 (Windows works fine, with different ODBC driver)  Detailed description of the issue: When trying to add certain tables from an external MYSQL source, FM Crashes every time. Exact steps to reproduce the issue: On Manage Databases, Relationships Tab, Click Add Table, Select external data source, select certain tables, then spin wheel, then crash Expected Result: Table should be added to table occurences graph Actual Result: FM Crashes Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared: Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue: Using Actual Tech. Driver 2.9c (the current one with a full license). Some tables work fine others cause crash. Any workarounds that you have found: Works fine in Windows with MYSQL Connect driver which does not work with Snow Leopard and according to filemaker is not supported anymore.Other than that, I have no workaround in Mac OS 10.6.2. My guess is that perhaps there is a compatibility issue with Actual Tech. drivers and Snow Leopard. According to their website it is current to Mac OS 10.5. I have tried it on several Macs running Snow Leopard with same result. That's all I got for now. Any Ideas?