FM asks on startup to install a font

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

6  and 10

Operating system version

Mac OSX 10.4.6

Description of the issue

When I start up files which I use already for years WITHOUT any alert I get all of a sudden a message that a certain font is not installed. Sometimes it is a common font like Palatino  sometimes it is a Chinese font - I certainly have never used so far. It appears that FM searches on startup all drives for ADDITIONAL font ... flipps a coin and shows an alert.
      Since version 6  and  10 have not been changed I suspect something with snow leopard. Is there any chance to tell FM to ignore fonts  or fonts on drives which are  not "drive a   or drive b" ?

Steps to reproduce the problem

no pattern only that it shows shortly after FM-start

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

FileMaker Pro.app moechte Schrift "Palatino" auf dem Volume "Test-System" verwenden.
      Diese Schrift ist nicht installiert. Soll FileMaker Pro.app erlaubt werden, diese Schrift zu verwenden?

... Nicht erneut nach FileMaker Pro.app fragen

Im Finder anzeigen     Nicht erlauben    Erlauben

Configuration information

MacBook an Startup and Test-System as Drive where I move downloads to in 0rder to test them first. Both have the same OSX 10.4.6 installation

screenD_2010-10-15_um_13.05.16.jpg

• 1. Re: FM asks on startup to install a font
          philmodjunk

If you are using Snow Leopard, then I believe the OS version you report in your issue report should read 10.6 not 10.4.6.

Snow Leopard has had a number of issues with fonts and this is more of a problem with the OS rather than FileMaker so you may need to research this on an Apple support site to learn more.

My understanding from other posts is that certain fonts and/or font suitcases that worked just fine with older versions of the Mac OS, cause problems for Snow Leopard. Most posts to this forum on the subject indicated that finding and removing/replacing duplicate or damaged fonts/suitcases solves the problem.

• 2. Re: FM asks on startup to install a font
            peeter

Thanks so I have a direction to go. Actually I was afraid that it ahas to do with Snow Leopard (which is indeed 10.6.4) - I'll try to isolate all unwanted fonts using Mac's Font-Management-Utility (Schriftensammlung). Will come back to report my experiences