Summary

FM Clients disconnect from FM 12 Server

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

Windows server 2003 and Windows 7

Description of the issue

Filemaker Pro 12 clients running on Windows 7 and 8 get disconnected from the FM Server at random. Sometimes a user will get disconnected multiple times during the day and then the next day not get disconnect at all. There seems to be no pattern to the disconnects.

We tried setting the disconnect time in the admin console to 2 hours, but users get kicked off long before the 2 hour setting. We tried setting the disconnect time to 2 hours in the file security settings as well, but the users get disconnected while using the program.

We have replaced switches, network cards and even PC's and the only machines that dont disconnect are the users running on Mac.

We have a version of FM10 running on the network as well while we are upgrading the client from FM10 to FM12 and it is happening on the FM10 side as well. From what I have been told the FM10 users were getting disconnected before we went live with the new FM12 version.

I have been trying to find any info in forums as well as going over the logs, but nothing has worked so far. We have to sort this out for our client.

Steps to reproduce the problem

I am unable to replicate this problem as it happens at random times of the day, if at all.

Expected result

Clients must remain connected while they are using the program.

Actual result

At what seems like random times, users are getting disconnected.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

There doesnt seem to be any error messages.

Configuration information

The network all has 10/100 switches.
FileMaker Server 12 is running on a Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.67Ghz 4Gb Ram.
FileMaker Server 10 is running on a Windows 7 machine, Intel Core i3-3220 3.30Hgz, 4Gb Ram.
All users are running FM Pro 12.
A few users running FM11 and FM Pro 12 - this is for parallel purposes in the last phase of testing.
Servers are running Panda security.
Users are running Total defender AV.
Servers are running Cobian Backup.

Workaround

No work arounds have been found yet.

Outcomes