FM GO crashing

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Go_iPad 13.0.8

Operating system version

Mac OS X c 10.9.5

Description of the issue

I recently upgraded from FM Pro 10 to FM Pro 13 (desktop). I also downloaded the new version of FM Go for my iPad. I converted all my databases to FM Pro 12 and they transferred to my iPad with ease.
      I am an anesthesiologist and use FM Pro/Go to enter my case log data in the OR and then at the end of the day I email it to myself, open it on my Mac and save it in FM Pro. This has worked flawlessly for years without a problem.
      Occasionally I need to make a correction on the Mac. After doing so, I would email the database back to myself and open the revised database in FM Go. Again, this has worked for years without problems.
      However, since upgrading to FM Pro 13 and the newest FM Go, when I email the database back to the iPad, I am unable to open the database. It simply freezes or crashes my mail account (Apple Mail). I subsequently have to force quit mail in order to proceed.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Email a FM Pro 13 database to myself. Open the email in Apple Mail. Tap the icon to download the FM Pro app. At this point the screen freezes. Occasionally I will see a momentary/instantaneous display (toward the right of the FM Pro logo) that would give the option to open this database in FM Go or some other alternatives. However, this option almost instantaneously disappears and then the app (Apple Mail) is frozen, necessitating a force-quit.

Expected result

I would expect that upon receiving the email with my updated database, I could open the file in FM Go and be able to use it.

Actual result

See above. The attempt to open the emailed FM Pro app crashes Apple Mail.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None.

Workaround

None.

• 1. Re: FM GO crashing
          TSGal

pbankoff:

Thank you for your post.

How large is the database file?

After relaunching Mail, does Mail freeze again when attempting to download the file?

What version of iOS are you using?

How often is the iPad rebooted?

Does the file transfer via iTunes?

Have you tried another third-party server for transferring files.  For example, Dropbox?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.