FM Go Field Issues - height

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Latest

Operating system version

iOS4

Description of the issue

When you enter a field via FileMaker go, the field becomes 2 line heights, this covers up the next field if placed below it.

Regardless of the settings / zoom level I am unable to overcome this undesired behaviour.

Steps to reproduce the problem

click in to any field via FileMaker Go

Expected result

The field to not expand into two lines

Actual result

The field expands becoming two lines high

Workaround

None I have found yet.

• 1. Re: FM Go Field Issues - height
          TSGal

SWS:

Thank you for your post.

I have forwarded your post to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review.  It may be designed this way, so to cover all bases, I would also encourage you to enter this into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The entries from this web form are read and discussed by Development and Product Management for inclusion in a future release.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FM Go Field Issues - height
            TSGal

SWS:

One workaround is to add a vertical scroll bar to the field.  That way, it is restricted and displays one line height, and FileMaker Go does not display the vertical scroll bar.

Another workaround is to design separate layouts for Mac and iPhone/iPad.  This would obviously add additional layouts to the database, plus if you change a layout for the Mac, you might need to also change the layout for the iPHone/iPad.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: FM Go Field Issues - height
              Steve Wright

Hi TSGal

I lost track of this post, but did post the workaround of using a scroll bar here : FM Go - Workaround for fields changing height to 1.5x design

For what its worth, I have designed separate layouts for iPhone use, it doesn't stop the fields expanding though :-)
              but on that note, the above workaround is doing the job nicely.

• 4. Re: FM Go Field Issues - height
                TSGal

SWS:

Funny.  I suggested the scrollbar option because I remembered reading it yesterday (you posted Sunday), and I didn't recall who posted it.

I should have explained the separate layouts for Mac and iPhone/iPad in greater detail.  In the iPhone/iPad layouts, you could adjust the fields so there would be more space between the fields.  That way, the editing would not hide the field below it.  If your layout is tight for space, then the scroll bar method is preferred.  If layout space is not a factor, then increasing the space between fields may be an option.

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.