13 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2012 1:10 PM by philmodjunk

FM Pro 12 v02 - PDF file format errors running off 2nd PC with FM12 Pro Adv v01

TimHarwood

Summary

FM Pro 12 v02 - PDF file format errors running off 2nd PC with FM12 Pro Adv v01

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12 v02

Operating system version

XP Media

Description of the issue

Post:I have just updated my V12 Pro with the V2 update.  I am running Windows XP Media. 

I am running a database off a 2nd PC that is running 12 Pro advanced - without the V02 update. 2nd PC is also running XP Media. 

The FM database & PDFs were working correctly on both PC's prior to my update to V02.

My FM12 Pro is exporting to PDF but there are formating changes that have occurred since update which is hiding or preventing some fields from displaying in the PDF.

Has anyone encountered this?

It would be possible to update the 2nd PC to V02, but hesitant in case this PC also no longer then functions without having to go into every PDF layout and try to redo formating.

Suggestions or comments appreciated.

Tim H.

Steps to reproduce the problem

When running same PDF report of PC with FM12 pro advance V1, where the actual datasbase resides, the errors did not occur.

Expected result

Correct formating of text boxes.

Actual result

incorrect formating of text boxes which had overlap which hid fields from display in PDF.

FM_error.jpg