1 2 3 Previous Next 61 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2012 9:43 AM by TSGal

FM Pro 9 cannot start on MAC OS X 10.6.3; FM Pro 7 can

VincenzoB

Summary

FM Pro 9 cannot start on MAC OS X 10.6.3; FM Pro 7 can

Description of the issue

I have just updated my system to MAC OS X 10.6.3 and FM Pro 9 cannot starttrashing preferences did not fix the problemFM Pro 7 is working wellI think uninstalling the MAC OS is going to be very painful MAC OS X 10.6.3  MacBook  processor Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz   memory  2 GB 667 GHz  DDR2 SDRAMFileMaker Pro version 9.0v3 

• 1. Re: FM Pro 9 cannot start on MAC OS X 10.6.3; FM Pro 7 can
          MichaelMH

Same here: FileMaker Pro Advanced 9.0v3 shows splash screen, then menu bar, then goes away and the Crash Reporter shows up.

I tried: Fixing rights, Trashing Preferences, I even re-installed the software. Still no change. Start of crash report below.

How can we avoid to roll back our systems to 10.6.2?

- Michael

Process:         FileMaker Pro [563]

Path:            /Applications/FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced/FileMaker Pro Advanced.app/Contents/MacOS/FileMaker Pro

Identifier:      com.filemaker.pro.advanced

Version:         9.0.3 (9.0.3)

Code Type:       X86 (Native)

Parent Process:  launchd [184]
          Date/Time:       2010-04-02 18:00:54.509 +0200

OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.6.3 (10D573)

Report Version:  6

Interval Since Last Report:          123865 sec

Crashes Since Last Report:           12

Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  71 sec

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   10

Anonymous UUID:                      235BB3AF-99F4-4737-8F45-13DB9DC4013F

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)

Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000005

Crashed Thread:  0  

Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

• 2. Re: FM Pro 9 cannot start on MAC OS X 10.6.3; FM Pro 7 can

I don't have this problem,

I use FMP 9 v3

Have you tried opening from an FMP file instead of the Application itself

• 3. Re: FM Pro 9 cannot start on MAC OS X 10.6.3; FM Pro 7 can
              MichaelMH

Thanks a lot for the tip, which I haven’t tried. But there is no change at all, the product reacts the same way.

The only difference I noticed is between the first an subsequent starts of the product within a single session. All subsequent starts are quite a bit faster, i.e. the splash screen comes and goes away faster, the crash happens sooner. 

- Michael

• 4. Re: FM Pro 9 cannot start on MAC OS X 10.6.3; FM Pro 7 can
                TSGal

All:

I have installed FileMaker Pro 9.0v3 Advanced on a MacBook Pro running Mac OS X 10.6.3, 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.  I am able to launch FileMaker Pro, open files, make changes, quit and reopen without a problem.

You should not have to revert to Mac OS X 10.6.2.

Try uninstalling FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced and reinstall.  If that fails, create a new user account, log into that account, and see if you can launch FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced.  If this works, then you'll need to determine what is different between the user accounts.  Repairing disk permissions may help (use Disk Utility).

For testing purposes, if you have access to another machine with 10.6.3, try installing it on that machine and see if the problem persists.

Please keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: FM Pro 9 cannot start on MAC OS X 10.6.3; FM Pro 7 can
                  Haifisch

Same Problem here, repaired disk permissions, deleted preferences.

Still not working. Quits right at startup.

Any workaround that helps available?

• 6. Re: FM Pro 9 cannot start on MAC OS X 10.6.3; FM Pro 7 can
                    TSGal

All:

When the splash screen appears, FileMaker Pro displays information about what is loading.  What is the last task displayed before the crash?  This may provide a clue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: FM Pro 9 cannot start on MAC OS X 10.6.3; FM Pro 7 can
                      MichaelMH

Thanks for following up on this…

Unfortunately I had to send my other MacBook Pro to service because of a black display so I could not test to install it on another machine.

Regarding the Splash Screen: I don’t see anything else but the static text, see image. AFter the splash screen goes away the full menu bar is visible for some moments, next the application goes away and the Crash Reporter comes up.

- Michael

FMProAdv Splash Screen

• 8. Re: FM Pro 9 cannot start on MAC OS X 10.6.3; FM Pro 7 can
                        Haifisch

I don't see any Filemaker screen, just in the upper left corner where the programmname appears, there it says Filemaker for 1-2 seconds, then dissappears and the crash report comes up.

I trashed my installation and reinstalled, same problem.

• 9. Re: FM Pro 9 cannot start on MAC OS X 10.6.3; FM Pro 7 can
                          Haifisch

No I got the screen posted two posts above as well. But no updating or anything in that startupscreen.

• 10. Re: FM Pro 9 cannot start on MAC OS X 10.6.3; FM Pro 7 can
                            rev_head

I had a similar problem on my Macbook 2GHz Core Duo running 10.6.3 and FileMaker 9.0.3. The problem definitely started after the system upgrade. I haven't been able to access any of my databases. Is there some solution?

• 11. Re: FM Pro 9 cannot start on MAC OS X 10.6.3; FM Pro 7 can
                              TSGal

All:

When FileMaker attempts to launch and crashes, does any error message appear?  Does it give an error number?

Two other Support Technicians installed FileMaker Pro 9.0v3 on their machines running Mac OS X 10.6.3, and they are able to launch.  I know that doesn't help anyone, but there is obviously some setting that interferes with FileMaker launching.  Do any of you have plug-ins?  Anything you can tell me additionally about your system may be helpful.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 12. Re: FM Pro 9 cannot start on MAC OS X 10.6.3; FM Pro 7 can
                                densustho

Same problem here. iMac 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB Ram 10.6.3.

No change to start FM 9.03 Advanced. Removed all plugins and deleted all settings. Same result.

Only differents before deleting the preferences. FM would like to change the Port for web publishing because port 510 be in use (not true)

FM 8.5 Advanced works fine.

No error message only the bur reporter appears

• 13. Re: FM Pro 9 cannot start on MAC OS X 10.6.3; FM Pro 7 can
                                  Haifisch

OS 10.6.3 - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Filemaker starts, starting screen shows up for 1 second, then Message appears: FileMaker Pro quit unexprectedly with the possibility to send an error report to Apple.

No plug-ins installed. 

Console logs: 13.04.10 23:21:52 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[81] ([0x0-0x43f43f].com.filemaker.pro[7244]) Job appears to have crashed: Bus error

Any use for you in posting the whole error report?

Thanks for taking care of.

Harry

• 14. Re: FM Pro 9 cannot start on MAC OS X 10.6.3; FM Pro 7 can
                                    TSGal

All:

Thanks for the additional information.  I was hoping to find a clue.

Create a new user account, log into the new user account, and try launching FileMaker Pro.  The first person to try this please report back.  I don't want everyone to try this.

Is everyone in North America and/or using an English version of FileMaker Pro?  I see the post from MichaelMH on the previous page is not.  I'm merely fishing for more information.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

1 2 3 Previous Next