AnsweredAssumed Answered

FM Pro v11 and "Save as PDF" permission bug - Windows

Question asked by Peabody on Mar 23, 2010
Latest reply on Mar 6, 2013 by electric_soul

Summary

FM Pro v11 and "Save as PDF" permission bug - Windows

Description of the issue

Hi All,I started working our application through the FM 11 paces. I've founda problem that I just can't figure out and it's kind of a show stopperat this point. We have many operations that save files directly to PDFon a mapped share in our Windows 2003 domain.Here's the problem - files created via FM 11 do not match the defaultpermission set of the folder where they are being saved. The "owner"of the file is the current user that created the PDF - that part iswell and good, but default permissions for Domain User and DomainAdmin access specified in the security tab of the share aren't beingset to the file. They are just plain missing. This is going to causeall sorts of heck for folks trying to simply open PDFs created bycolleagues. FM 10 has no problems creating the file with the properpermission set. What changed, or what am I missing?!?Default security tab settings are set to inherit for all folders,subfolders and files for all permissions specified.Example:FM 10 Behavior:File A.pdf - Properties -> Security Tab--Owner -> current user who created PDF--Domain Admins -> full access as defined by security tab for the file share--Domain Users -> proper read/write access as defined by security tabfor the file share--System Object -> standard default permissionsFM 11 Behavior:File A.pdf - Properties -> Security Tab--Owner -> current user who created PDF--System Object -> standard default permissionsItems below are just plain missing in the "File A.pdf" security tab:--Domain Admins -> full access as defined by security tab for the file share--Domain Users -> proper read/write access as defined by security tabfor the file shareThanks,--Perren

Outcomes