3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2009 10:34 PM by DoubleG

FM Pro8.5 Crashes When Save/Sending a PDF

DoubleG

Summary

FM Pro8.5 Crashes When Save/Sending a PDF

Description of the issue

I searched, but didn't quite find a similar issue... I'm using the File/Save-Send Records as...PDF... and checking the box to 'Create email with file as attachment'. The feature runs perfectly the first time it is ran, but bombs out every time on the second attempt with the following 2 MS error windows in succession:1. Error signatureAppName: filemaker pro.exeAppVer: 8.5.2.378ModName: dli_dll.dll 2.Error signatureAppName: filemaker pro.exeAppVer: 8.5.2.378ModName: xdraw.dll I can save PDFs without a problem, it's only when using the send feature in conjuntion with saving that it crashes. What I know and have tried so far:The mail info is in the win.ini file.I have tried deleting the AcroFnt09.lst.I have ran a repair on FM, but not an uninstall/reinstall...yet. Unfortunately, I'm unable to test this on another pc, as the others are running FM Pro 7. I'm new to supporting FM, so all input provided will be greatly appreciated! Troubled pc info:FM Pro 8.5v2 on Server 7WinXP Pro sp3Outlook 2k3 sp3 on MSExchange 2k3AVG Free ed.

• 1. Re: FM Pro8.5 Crashes When Save/Sending a PDF
          TSGal

DoubleG:

Thank you for your post.

I cannot duplicate the problem, and I know that doesn't help you, so I'll need you to try a few more steps.

1. Create the PDF file as usual WITHOUT the send mail option.

2. After the PDF file is created, pull down the File menu and select "Send Mail".  Attach the PDF file and send.  Try this a couple of times.  Does this work?

I'm trying to find out if the problem is with the Send Mail option, or the Send Mail option associated with the Save as PDF.

Also, create a file on the local drive.  Do not use the file on the server.  Do the same problems occur on the local drive?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: FM Pro8.5 Crashes When Save/Sending a PDF
            DoubleG

TSGal,

Thanks for your reply.

I followed your instructions and was able to create and save a pdf (both locally and on the server) and attach each of them to individual emails using the Send Mail option multiple times.

If needed, I will have the opportunity to try uninstalling and reinstalling FM this afternoon as a troubleshooting option.

• 3. Re: FM Pro8.5 Crashes When Save/Sending a PDF
              DoubleG

Well, it looks like the reinstall fixed the problem, everything works like a charm now!

TSGal, thanks again for your assistance.