1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 19, 2012 11:13 AM by TSGal

FM Server 11 - client no longer responding; connection closed. (51)

ZoXo

Summary

FM Server 11 - client no longer responding; connection closed. (51)

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

11v3

Operating system version

OS X 10.6.8

Description of the issue

This has just begun happening with FileMaker Server 11v3.  iMac with OS X 10.6.8.  Apple OS recently added Security Update 2011-006 and since that day I have had extremely inconsistence network performance.  Prior to that there has NEVER been a connection problem.  This spans the initial install of FileMaker Server version 9-11 up to the current version of 11.  I have not updated to v4, nor have I updated the next suggestion by Mac for Java Update 6, as the last Java update caused an issue with the admin console which required a rather convoluted fix.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Problem has been ongoing since the update.

Expected result

No connection losses, EVER

Actual result

Several per day.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Client (client name, ip address) no longer responding; connection closed. (51)

Workaround

none

• 1. Re: FM Server 11 - client no longer responding; connection closed. (51)
          TSGal

ZoXo:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

There have been no problems reported due to any Apple Security Update, and considering the number of FileMaker Server installations on Mac OS X, I seriously doubt this is the issue.

Is it possible the maximum idle time before disconnecting clients was modified?

Are all clients experiencing this problem or just a select few?

On a separate note, I would recommend updating to FileMaker Server 11v4.

I realize more than two months have passed, so if you have found a resolution, please post here so others can benefit.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.