FM Server 14 issues with Windows 7, Chrome ver. 43

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

FM Server 14

Operating system version

Windows 7

Description of the issue

I just recently upgraded from FM Server 13 to FM Server 14. The installation was fine, and everything else worked like it was supposed to. But when I connect to WebDirect using Chrome ver. 43, in Windows 7, I have an issues with the way the layout appears. The layout is so disfigured that it does not look anything like it's supposed to. The WebDirect works fine when I'm using Windows 8, Chrome or I.E.. It also works fine using I.E. in Windows 7. It only has a problem when I'm connecting to WebDirect using Chrome on Windows 7. Is this a known issue? Is there a solution to this problem?

Steps to reproduce the problem

I thought it could be the theme that I was using that was not compatible with FM Server 14. So I tried switching the theme from Warm Green to Enlightened, but the problem still existed.

Configuration information

I am using FM Pro Advanced 14. My FM Server 14 is installed on a Windows 2008 R2 Service Pack 1. The problem exists when I try to connect to WebDirect using Chrome ver. 43 in Windows 7.

• 1. Re: FM Server 14 issues with Windows 7, Chrome ver. 43
          TSGal

Matt Kim:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue using Google Chrome 43.0.2357.81m on my Windows 7 machine to access the FMServer_Sample.fmp12 hosted file.  Are you able to display the FMServer_Sample.fmp12 file properly in Chrome 43?  Or, does this issue only occur with a specific database file?

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FM Server 14 issues with Windows 7, Chrome ver. 43
            User11784

Hi there,

I'm having problems similar to those described above. We have recently upgraded from FileMaker Server 13 to FileMaker Server 14 (v14.0.2).

I have several solutions on this server that opened in WebDirect without issue on FM Server 13. The problems started after the upgrade to 14 Server.

The only problem I can find is with the following configuration

• Host Machine      

• Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
              •           
              • IIS v8.5.9600.16384
              •           
              • FileMaker Server 14.0.2
              •      

•      
            • Client Machine      

• Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit OS)
              •           
              • Google Chrome 43.0.2357.132 m
              •      

The solutions open without issue in WebDirect when opened in Internet Explorer on the same client machine. This issue does not occur on any browser on a Mac.

I've attached a screenshot of both browsers next to each other. At the top is Google Chrome 43.0.2357.132 m and at the bottom is Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.17842. There are several layout objects present in the bottom screen that are either missing or in completely the wrong place in the top screen, a list is below

• 5 buttons at the top of the screen (Dashboard, Customers, Projects, Tickets, Sales) - these are all normal button objects and seems to have been grouped on top of each other on the left of the screen
            •      
            • 3 buttons at the top of the screen that are anchored to the right (Schedule, List, Form) - disappeared
            •      
            • Left/Right arrow buttons, 4 'X' buttons, a refresh button - all container fields set up as buttons - all disappeared
            •      
            • The filter field that sits below the rest (just to the right of 'My Timesheets' - disappeared
            •      
            • 4 buttons (My Tickets, My Projects, My Expenses, My Timesheets) all buttons and anchored to the left, all disappeared
            •      
            • 'Gear' container field in a subsummary part - this is a container field positioned behind a transparent popover - even thought the container field has disappeared the popover still works (i.e. if I click in the right place the transparent popover is there)
            •      
            • Many text objects      

• 'to' between the date fields
              •           
              • '1 / 30'
              •           
              • '#30 T30.25' - and some other similar text objects
              •           
              • 'Hrs'
              •      

•      
            • The text objects that are still appearing appear to have moved to the top of their enclosing layout part

This problem seems to mainly affect buttons, container fields, text objects and normal edit fields (not popup menus or drop down calendars). I have also noticed that tab panels, while they're still functional, lose their outline.

A bit more information about the file, the opening script has the following steps

• Show/Hide Menubar [Hide]
            •      
            • Show/Hide Toolbars [Hide]
            •      
            • Set Use System Formats [On]
            •      
            • Allow Formatting Bar [Off]

I hope this is enough information to be able to resolve the issues. If not let me know what else you need and I'll try to get it for you.

Regards

Matt

• 3. Re: FM Server 14 issues with Windows 7, Chrome ver. 43

Matthew Haughton:

Thank you for the reply.

Are you able to display the FMServer_Sample.fmp12 file properly in Chrome 43? Or, does this issue only occur with a specific database file?

If only a specific database file displays incorrectly, then would you be willing to submit the file to Testing?

If you’re willing, Testing would like to see your file. Check your inbox at the top of this page for the submission instructions. 

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FM Server 14 issues with Windows 7, Chrome ver. 43
                User11784

Hi TSFalcon,

I have done some further testing this morning. The WebDirect home page also looked very strange (attached) and the FMServer_Sample file had all the same issues (attached in next message).

I tested a computer in the office with the same spec (OS and Chrome versions) as my own - and theirs displayed the files in WebDirect as expected, no issues!

I made sure all Windows updates were installed and restarted my computer - this had no effect

I switched off all Chrome Extensions - this had no effect

Finally, I cleared the following from Chrome's browsing data

• Cookies and other site and plug-in data
                •      
                • Cached images and files

And this worked! Chrome now displays the files as expected.

I hope some of this is helpful.

Many thanks for your time

Matt

• 5. Re: FM Server 14 issues with Windows 7, Chrome ver. 43
                  User11784

The FMServer_Sample file