1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 30, 2015 6:44 AM by TSGal

FM server update 14.0v2 BREAKS web server.

bobyuen

Summary

FM server update 14.0v2 BREAKS web server.

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

Windows 2012

Description of the issue

I have a working installation of FM Server 14.0.1.204

When I apply the update version 14.0v2, it breaks the web server connection.

Two Machine Setup.

Prior to installing the update, I stopped all services as per instructions. I install on the worker machine first, then the master machine.

After both machines have restarted, I log back into the DB server and notice that the Web Server and Web Publishing Engine is "Greyed" out, NO green check mark.

I later find that the update has disconnected the web server configuration connection.

When I try to run the deployment assistant (Step 3) I manually type in the IP address of my web server and click lookup then rescan but nothing happens. I get a little red symbol next to the IP and master machine code.

Nothing happens and I'm stuck. What do I do to fix the problem.

Steps to reproduce the problem

I created a snapshot to roll back prior to applying the update. I retried installing again but the same issue.

• 1. Re: FM server update 14.0v2 BREAKS web server.
          TSGal

Bob Yuen:

Thank you for your post.

Rather than going through the installation process via the forum, it would be best if you talk directly with a Support Technician as they can walk through each step and know what steps to take as an issue is encountered.  Customers are not charged for installation issues.  If you are located in North America, call toll-free 800-325-2747.  If outside North America, contact the FileMaker office nearest you.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.