FM stalls and becomes unresponsive.

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

10.0v3

Operating system version

Mac OS 10.6.6

Description of the issue

When performing scripts that find jpg files via a rather lengthy path and tries to place them in a container, FM stalls and becomes inactive, requiring a force quit and restart of computer before the application will run again.

FM also stalls (or takes an unusually long time) when performing a search.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Not quite sure what to enter in this field.

Expected result

Actual result

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None.

Configuration information

In case it is relevant, our DB is hosted with Point IN Space, and we access remotely. (2 users).

However, when I use a locally saved version of the DB, I get similar results.

I am wondering if there is a (free) update that might fix this?

Workaround

None.

• 1. Re: FM stalls and becomes unresponsive.
          philmodjunk

Take your locally saved copy and try re-indexing the fields.

This is easier to do in FileMaker 11, but since you have 10...

Open Manage | Database | Fields, select a field used in the search that bogs down, change it's storage options to turn off indexing, Leave Manage | Database, then return and turn indexing back on. This rebuilds the index for one field. The challenge is that any one of several fields in your file might have a damaged index.

If you want to re-index all your fields, save a copy with the clone option, and then import all your data into the clone. This will rebuild the indexes of all your fields during the import.