5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2009 10:33 AM by TSGal

FM10 Container Graphics Issue

stevemurray

Summary

FM10 Container Graphics Issue

Description of the issue

ISSUE: Display of file reference Icons in container field is fuzzy and out of focus. FMP Version: 10 OS: Windows XP, SP3 To observe the issue: 1.  Create a container field. 2.  Click into the field and select File... from the Insert menu 3.  Check the option: "Store only a reference to the file" 4.  Select the file to insert. The result is a terrible looking fuzzy out of focus icon.  (Graphic formatting options have no effect.) Repeat the procedure above in FM 9, and you will observe that the icon display is sharp and accurate.

• 1. Re: FM10 Container Graphics Issue
          hschlossberg

Since the subject of this thread is so general, I'll just jump on with anther issue, perhaps related:

ISSUE:  Graphics copy differently from a container then they do otherwise.

FMP Version: 10

1) Copy a graphic from a layout or other source. 

2) Paste graphic into a container field.  It appears the same as the original.

3) Copy that same graphic from the same container field.  

4) Paste the graphic back into the container field (or into layout mode).  The graphic now appears much smaller. 

• 2. Re: FM10 Container Graphics Issue
            TSGal

LR Steve:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

I have been trying to duplicate this, but I am unable to do so with my FileMaker Pro on my Dell Dimension running Windows XP SP3.  Then again, I do not have any high-resolution pictures to test.  Do you have a graphic that you are willing to share?  I have sent you a private message (top of this screen - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the file.  I will then try it here.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 3. Re: FM10 Container Graphics Issue
              TSGal

howards:

Thank you for your post.

Again, I'm having difficulty experiencing what you are seeing.  I only have a few JPEGs, and I'm able to paste them into a Container field, copy from the Container and paste them into another Container field, same Container field, and also on the Layout, and there is no difference.  I'm assuming it may be a specific file type and or resolution, so if you could also send me a sample file, I'd like to try and narrow this problem down.  I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: FM10 Container Graphics Issue
                stevemurray

TSGal,

You do not need high resolution pictures or any pictures for that matter in order to observe the problem.  If you will please read my original post again, you will note that my problem is with the display of the file icon representing a link reference.  So for example, select a PDF file as a "Reference only".  The PDF file icon that displays in the container field is out of focus and fuzzy.

• 5. Re: FM10 Container Graphics Issue
                  TSGal

LR Steve:

I apologize for not reading your post correctly the first time.

Yes, this problem has been reported with FileMaker Pro 10 (it worked properly in FileMaker Pro 9 and earlier), and our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments are aware of this issue.  There is not additional information available at this time.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.