Summary

FM10 Send Mail with Lion NOT WORKING

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

10.0v3

Operating system version

Description of the issue

I have tried to test every option to correct this problem, but my FM10 database has been successfully emailing with Apple's OS X Mail application for years, but after upgrading to Lion, it fails:

Send Mail [Send via E-mail Client; To: "Me@me.com"; Subject: "Hello world"; Message: "Hello again"]

Gives error #3 = Command is unavailable (for example, wrong operating system, wrong mode, etc.)

The Mail app comes to the foreground, but there is no new window or draft email.  If I quit and re-run Mail, then all of the attempted emails appear as both open windows and drafts.

I have confirmed that Mail 5.0 is set as my default email program in Mail.app preferences.

Anybody else having this problem?  This is a deal-breaker for anyone considering upgrade to Lion with FM10.  Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks,

Joe

Steps to reproduce the problem

Send Mail [Send via E-mail Client; To: "Me@me.com"; Subject: "Hello world"; Message: "Hello again"]

Expected result

New mail window with message appears.

Actual result

No new window or draft email.  Error #3.  Quit and re-run Mail shows attempted email windows and drafts.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Configuration information

Lion with latest Mail

Workaround

Open URL ["mailto:" & destination & "?subject=" & subject]

• 1. Re: FM10 Send Mail with Lion NOT WORKING
          joekewe@mail.com

Oops!  Fixed my own bug.  Mail Plug-In "Attachment Tamer" (formerly Mail Attachments Iconizer) needed to be updated from version 3.0.5 to version 3.0.6. to fix "problems with attachments inserted from other applications on Mac OS X Lion".  After the update, emails with and without attachments are now working again between FileMaker 10 and Mail.  Sorry for the false alarm.

Interesting that installing Lion did NOT disable the Attachment Tamer plug-in like it says it should with all plug-ins.