3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2009 6:36 AM by TSGal

FM10.0.3 for Mac hangs (Spinning ball) on any action

jcestlin

Summary

FM10.0.3 for Mac hangs (Spinning ball) on any action

Description of the issue

I just purchased 5 licenses for Filemaker advanced 10.0.3. Since installing, any time we try do do any action on the file - including just clicking in a field, it causes the cursor to spin for anywhere from 20 seconds up to 1 1/2 minutes.  The file is on the host computer desk top and is being remotely shared, but it behaves the same way whether on the host computer or remotely.Disk utility has been run and Permissions have been repaired.The file was created on FMP advanced 9.0 and worked fine.A new test file created on FMP 10.0.3 is causing the same problemI am running OSX 10.5.8 Any help sincerely appreciated - at this point I was better off with FMP 9!     

• 1. Re: FM10.0.3 for Mac hangs (Spinning ball) on any action
          TSGal

jcestlin:

Thank you for your post.

Do any of the fields reference external database files?  Is it possible the external database files are not resolving?  Once you get access to the field, do you see changes in any other fields in the layout?  How many tables exist in the database file?  How many fields?  Does this behavior only occur on a specific layout?

Any additional data you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the possible causes.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: FM10.0.3 for Mac hangs (Spinning ball) on any action
            jcestlin

Do any of the fields reference external database files?  

NO

Is it possible the external database files are not resolving?  

n/a

Once you get access to the field, do you see changes in any other fields in the layout?  

no

How many tables exist in the database file?  

How many fields?

Does this behavior only occur on a specific layout?

no - all layouts

• 3. Re: FM10.0.3 for Mac hangs (Spinning ball) on any action
              TSGal

jcestlin:

Thank you for the additional information.

I have a similar set up (FileMaker Pro 10.0v3 running on Mac OS X 10.5.8), so I would like to see your file.  If there is sensitive information, send me a clone of the file and the exact steps to replicate the problem.  I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.