10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2013 10:48 AM by thurmes

FM10Adv HTML DDR missing info

csch

Summary

FM10Adv HTML DDR missing info

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:   FMS10, FMP10 Adv

Operating System(s) involved:   OSX 10.5.6

Detailed description of the issue:  My HTML DDR's aren't showing "Scripts that use this script" for some scripts since I have started developing in FM10. I opened the files in FM9 and made a new DDR to see if the references would be back, and they were!!! My database is complex and takes 30mins to create a DDR. I'm using a Mac, and have my filemaker files loaded onto FMServer 10 which also runs on this machine. No-one else connects to my development database, and I have no plug-ins. It seems to me to be an FM10 bug since it works fine in 9 and doesn't work in 10.  

Exact steps to reproduce the issue: Create a html DDR in FM10 ADV

Expected Result:  All references to appear between scripts etc

Actual Result: Some random references are missing, One script is called by another script but the caller is not shown.

Here is the report run from FM9 Scripts that use this script
      Go To PrintoutOpen - Go To Printout 
      Here is the report in FM10 made on the same day with no differences made to the filemaker files. Scripts that use this script (Sorry I had cut and pasted the report but it wouldn't let me post it, but the idea is "Scripts that use this script" is empty for this particular script in FM10)   

Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared: N/A

Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:  I am working on an IMac, probably not relevantAny workarounds that you have found:  Open up FMP9 Adv and run the DDR from there.

• 1. Re: FM10Adv HTML DDR missing info
          TSGal

csch:

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, I am unable to duplicate the problem.  This is what I have done.

1. Mac OS 10.5.5, iMac 24" 2GHz 2G RAM

2. Launched FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced

3. Created s.fp7, 4 tables, 10 records in each table, 4 scripts of which two call another script.

4. Run Database Design Report (HTML) and all script references display properly.

5. Quit FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced and launched FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced.

6. Run Database Design Report (HTML) and all script references display properly.

------

I'm well aware this takes 30 minutes for you to create, so my simplistic case is not a good measure.  However, would it be possible to send in a clone?  I'll make sure that Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments look at it and determine what is the cause.

I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: FM10Adv HTML DDR missing info
            Ward

I'm a heavy user of DDR HTML reports.  I just discovered the same lack of "Scripts that use this script" references in a report one of my key databases. Going back to FMP 9 Advanced is not a viable option because the DDR won't show FMP 10 features like script triggers.

Has there been any progress on resolving this showstopper problem?

Is it sufficient to file this report, or is there somewhere else I should be reporting this problem?

I'll be happy to provide a clone of my database if that will help.

-- Ward

Updated to fix typo: "not a viable option"

• 3. Re: FM10Adv HTML DDR missing info
              TSGal

Ward:

Thank you for your post.

This is the proper place to file the problem.

I have forwarded your entire post to the case, and if they want a clone of your file, I will let you know, and we'll make arrangements to get your file.

The updates on the case show that it is being looked at, and they are able to duplicate the problem.  However, no resolution at this time.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: FM10Adv HTML DDR missing info
                Ward

TSGal wrote:

"The updates on the case show that it is being looked at, and they are able to duplicate the problem.  However, no resolution at this time."

Three months have passed.  Has the status of this serious problem changed?

I find it very tedious using browser search to locate references to a script, and I'm always worried I missed one.  This is especially true when there are many references to the same script.

I hope the FMP 10 Advanced 10.0v2 (or 10.1) update includes a fix.

-- Ward

• 5. Re: FM10Adv HTML DDR missing info
                  csch

I'm thankful that you guys are working on it but it does seem like a major bug.  I can imagine that there are developer teams out there that don't know of this bug and have left some "bombs" in their program because they are working from the DDR's.

** Can't wait for the update ** !!

I am no longer able to use FM9 DDR's for a percentage of my development now too.  I have completed another large project since then and it is "script trigger happy".

I would like a webpage with a list of "Known Issues" on it.  I hope I haven't put some bombs in my own program from environment bugs!

If I am being ignorant, and if that list of known bugs exists then could you let me know?

• 6. Re: FM10Adv HTML DDR missing info
                    RickWhitelaw

I have the same problem with the DDR not identifying which scripts are called by others. Within a given file the report returns the correct information. It doesn't work from file to file however. My solution consists of eight files with much cross-file scripting. Identifying which old scripts are truly not used is a painstaking affair. Using Base Elements, which is quite expensive, produces slightly better results, but still requires a lot of searching. 

Rick. 

• 7. Re: FM10Adv HTML DDR missing info
                      philmodjunk

Rick,

Be advised that this can happen with scripts that are all part of the same file also. Don't assume they're correct just because all script references are within a single file. They might not be and this can lead to dangerous wrong conclusions.

• 8. Re: FM10Adv HTML DDR missing info
                        TSGal

All:

Sorry for the late reply.

There is not much new since February.  Our Testing department conducted several more tests to try and narrow the possible causes, and now it is in the hands of Development.

If more information becomes available, I'll let you know. 

csch - At this time, there is no "Known Issues" board, but it is being discussed.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 9. Re: FM10Adv HTML DDR missing info
                          cresal

We are still having this problem using FM11. Script1 will show up in the list of scripts used within script2, but script2 is not listed as a "scripts that use this script". Any developments?

• 10. Re: FM10Adv HTML DDR missing info
                            thurmes

We are still having this problem with FM12Adv. I would estimate that about 2/3 of the 'scripts that use this script' are not reported in the DDR. Logically, through the database the number of scripts being used and using should be identical, but in my DDR the ratio was 8 to 29. Any word on whether this will ever get fixed?