1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 16, 2010 7:49 PM by steve@asctech.com

FM11 (and FMA11) development environment lists jump unexpectedly on edit/save

steve@asctech.com

Summary

FM11 (and FMA11) development environment lists jump unexpectedly on edit/save

Description of the issue

I'm using FMA11 on OS X 10.6.3, but I've heard it happens elsewhere too. Problem: Lists (Manage Layouts, Manage Scripts, etc.) "hop" unexpectedly whenever there's a save to a member of the list. What I'd expect to happen: the list should maintain its scroll state unless I scroll it. What does happen: FM11 moves the most recently saved item to the lowest point on the visible scroll area. Steps to reproduce:[this is non-destructive]Open a file in FMA11 that has more layouts than can be shown at once in Manage LayoutsScroll to the middle of the listDouble-click on a layout in the middle of the visible part of the listMake any change (for instance, change the name of the layout by one letter), causing a dirty record for the layout infoClick OKThe list suddenly jumps to a position where the just-modified layout is at the bottom of the scroll list - a shorter and more annoying example - Open a file in FMA11 that has more layouts than can be shown at once in Manage LayoutsScroll to the middle of the listSelect a layoutDuplicate that layout in placeThe list suddenly jumps to a position where the just-modified layout is at the bottom of the scroll list  The layout should maintain it's scroll state. This re-scroll shatters context momentarily, and is very bad UX. And bad mojo. This behavior also happens to Manage Scripts as well. Argh!

• 1. Re: FM11 (and FMA11) development environment lists jump unexpectedly on edit/save
          steve@asctech.com

I haven't tested this, but I would suspect this behavior is coincident to wherever these Manage lists contain OS non-standard buttons. For instance, Manage Custom Functions has a bottom and buttons like this:

The buttons are normal OS X buttons, and they respond to mouse-down, not mouse-up. This bug does not exhibit itself here; the scroll state maintains itself. Most of FM11 is like this.

Manage Layouts (which is godlike, BTW), looks like this:

Icons that are foreign to the OS, on strange square buttons, that don't respond until mouse-up. Manage Scripts is like this too. This bug exhibits itself in both of these dialogs.