2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2010 11:20 AM by mrvodka

FM11 tab location is lost when opening the layout in a new window

donjuancarlos_1

Summary

FM11 tab location is lost when opening the layout in a new window

Description of the issue

FM11 adv and Pro for Windows: Tested in Windows XP To recreate: 1) Create a database and put a tab control on the page.  Make two tabs- tab1 and tab2 2) Name the tab controls 3) Create a script that creates a new window.  Attach the script to On modify for the tab control. 4) Go to Browse mode and click tab 2. In FM10, the new window is created with tab2 as the front panel.In FM11, the new window is created with the default tab (tab1) as the front panel This problem makes it difficult to use temp windows in scripts when a tab is on the layout.  I haven't founds a workaround yet, and have had to uninstall FM11 from all our company workstations till a warkaround can be found. EDIT This appears to not be a problem with the script trigger, it's a problem with the New Window command.  Any New Window command issued will display the default tab.  I wonder if this is on purpose.  I hope not. 

• 1. Re: FM11 tab location is lost when opening the layout in a new window
          TSGal

donjuancarlos:

Thank you for your post.

I am able to replicate the problem on Windows XP, Mac OS X 10.5.8 and Mac OS X 10.6.3.

You don't even need to create a script.  Just selecting "New Window" from the Window menu causes the problem.

I have forwarded your post along with my findings to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation.  I will keep you posted.

Since there is no Get function to capture the current tab control, a workaround is difficult.  Off the top of my head, I would make buttons as the tab controls that captures the name of the tab control, and then you can pass it as a parameter to a New Window script.  If you need clarification and/or help, please let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Iinc.

• 2. Re: FM11 tab location is lost when opening the layout in a new window
            mrvodka

As a work around since you have Advanced is to capture which object is the front tab panel using GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( ) and a couple of If / Else and envoke this script via a custom menu that overrides the New window menu item.